All 2nd-8th grade students will participate in a statewide assessment. This will take the place of the Performance Series test that has been given in the past two years. It is being called the “ACAP Summative”.
Some new features of the new ACAP Summative Assessment are:
- Second grade will take the test, but their scores will only be used to measure growth for their 3rd grade year.
- There is a writing component in the tests for grades 4 through 8.
- Grades 4, 6, and 8 will take the Science portion (previously this was given in 5th and 7th grades).
For Parents and Teachers- We encourage Practice and Exposure
- Sample test items for this new assessment are available by clicking Here
- Online Training Tools (OTT) – Student Practice for ACAP computer enhancement tools click Here
Students may access the OTT as often as needed or desired from either the classroom or home. The OTT runs on a standard Google Chrome web browser and can be accessed outside the school network.